Sex and the City


Lately I have been watching shows such as Gossip Girl, The Carrie Diaries, and 90210. Life in the big cities are where it is at. Normally a day in the city means a vacation where there is a limited amount of time to spend before I miss the last train back up to Connecticut. Shows such have these presented a lifestyle exclusively for the elite. 

On the TV shows it presents the city in a light where everyday is a party and the newest trends are necessary. I haven't even been to the west coast so I am just basing it off of what I watch on netflix. There is an underlying message that to survive means that you have to be on top. I want to explore that. Not to prove to myself that I can manage but because of the idea that it is the ultimate challenge. I think in 2 years time I will move there myself and travel not to explore the city but to explore who I want to be.

Comments

Popular Posts