Alt Music Top 15 2023

 Alt music played either on Octane on siriusxm or Spotify or apple streaming are huge. Radio play is and always has been tough to break into for artists due to song allocation on air with commercials, new music, classic music and other B-role interview/side chat radio host duties. Below are Apples top 15 songs from 2023 but I'll also include my personal favorite from the radio play where I find music from Mediabase.



Where do you listen to music? How do you find music? At the gym or shopping at the mall? At the grocery store it's usually top hits or throwbacks but word of mouth nows seems to strictly through social media Mainly Tik Tok blowing up so many artists and songs over Covid. As much as things seemed slower, it was a great time to try and learn new things. 



A few edits I would make would be to take out Billie Eilish. She seems entirely to pop driven in this track to be considered alt but some of her old tracks do seem also so who knows. Dial Drunk was huge this year and I almost thought a huge country song all the time but maybe labeled more folksy. But other huge acts like Teddy Swims and Post Malone and even Zach Bryan all were huge this year and had similar sounds. Oh and Jelly Roll. Jelly Roll seems more alt than Noah Kahan to me. 



My favorite that I would highlight in this Apple Music top 50 Alt Songs of 2023 are below. Also not included from radio hits too. A little bit more grunge and more emo which I love. excited about the hits shown for 2024. Loved the song crying in the shower, I wish it was on this list, maybe it was only played on the radio...I thought other songs on the list were more 2024 alt songs like Blame Brett, and even Billy Eilish, Yes I'm a Mess, Other songs on the list I either didn't know of or didn't love this year/didn't make a huge impact for me. 

I'll make a 2024 list again for Alt so far and see if any other songs are break outs right now before touring season, the summer and spring. Already a quarter of the year has gone by so we will see what stands out right now....

Looking at the alt list right now the top songs are all too pop Billie Eilish What was I made for, Taylor Swift Willow, Stick Season Noah Kahan, Duo End of Beginning which I don't love, its like a soft rock song, kind of melancholy alt, and Hozier Too Sweet which I don't know at all. I wish show the media base metrics in another post 

Comments

Popular Posts