WMRQ Alt 2023 Personal Favorite




 Pulling from both media base metrics from WMRQ throughout the year, and comparing them to the Amazon Music top 50 Alt list, below are some of my favorite. Now I am not on TikTok so I do not have that influence but of course a lot of viral songs do transfer over to chart toppers which I could pick coincidentally. Below are songs from Amazon that I loved on WMRQ and another post will be my favorite songs from the radio strictly from media base data. 



A nice top 17 here. Just to note, some of the bands I loved from iHeart and didn't see the band until their Alter Ego show. I love Phoenix now and Beach Weather. and Lovelytheband from this years Alter ego, everyone knows their song Broken and this year Sail Away was perfect too. Depeche Mode, Death Cab For Cuties and Måneskin all had hauntingly sad songs which I loved, Eat Your Young, catchy song, strange concept for music video as well but catchy. The Beaches and Cold War Kids had poppy catchy songs, Same with Out of My Mind, and Emergency Contact. 

Surefire I loved loved loved and wished was on my Spotify wrap for 2023 but it was mainly iPrevail and Fall out Boy.  Just Pretend was a great alt classic in the making I feel, can't wait to hear more from them. also wish sleep token was on here too, although that might be considered straight rock. Lost by Linkin Park was huge this year, had it on replay for every gym session. grew Up with Linking Park and was a great homage to the early years of the band. Living in a Haze was a great song too. Boy genius was good and sad and Lovejoy was a great indie rock. 

Wilderado, Linkin Park, and Måneskin might be my top 3 of the year. I will check media base another post but from Amazon top 50 Alt. Depeche Mode and Deathcab for Cuties to round out top 5. 

Comments

Popular Posts