Top 10 Podcasts of 2020

 Youtubers back when I was in high school really started listening to podcasts. I think already I was interested in watching types of perspectives of youtubers being trying to be relatable, talking about news, and just simple gossip. I loved listening to Phil Defranco, Jenna Marbles and such. I really haven't watched youtubers since then, I remember watching daily vlogs for a bit and those random british daily vloggers for a bit. Now this whole year has introduced me or reintroduced me to podcasts. They really are so different I believe from each other and thats what I love, a little bit of drama, a little bit of comedy and other stuff. 

1. Joe Rogan

The year 2020 hopefully will be a hazy memory in the next few years, I hope we all learn through every thing and such. Joe Rogan for asking hard questions and being controversial and such. Conspiracy theories and topics are the norm bringing in people from Macauley Caulkin to Dave Chapelle to Elon Musk. Amazing variety of guests and great conversation. 

2. Your Favorite Things

So this podcast is hosted by Brandi Cyrus and Wells Adams talking about their favorite shows, music and reviewing shows like The Bachelor and such. Brandi Cyrus is Miley Cyrus' sister and Wells Adams was on The Bachelor and is Modern Family's Sarah Hyland's Fiancé. Always interesting to hear them talk about being famous adjacent. 

3. The Bill Bert Show

I didn't know who Bert Kreisher was until this podcast and Bill Burr I didn't know until getting into standup the past few years. It's interesting to hear their different perspectives on comedy now adays and how really it has been affected this past year without arena venues and such. A lot of comedians it seems have really turned to podcasts to put out their material. Definitely excited for when live shows come back more. 

4. The Yak

I really hadn't gotten into Barstool all that much until this year with different personas and different areas of entertainment. I don't know what TheYak used to be, but now it's definitely a lowkey form of improv on their radio show with New York 20 year olds. Entertaining definitely, This past year I've done a deep dive into the internet to pass the time. Barstool has a billion shows like Call Her daddy and such. 

5. Chicks In the Office

I love their thoughts on new TV shows and movies and just random twitter and media drama. Awesome that Barstool has branched out into entertainment media outside of sports and such. Rubbing shoulders with Bachelor personalities and other famous stars. 

6. Monday Morning Podcast

Bill Burr is the best standup from what I understand, has amazing perspective and toes the line.  Sebastian Maniscalco and Dave Chapelle and others I found out through hearing names in production and this podcast is a good rant and humanizing. I always hear comedians are like psychos and have a chip on their shoulder. I love hearing him talk about his family and friends. 

7. Oops

So this involves Francis Ellis formerly from Barstool and Guilio Gallaratti friends with standups Ricky Velez and Pete Davidson (I loved King of Staten Island and his stuff on SNL). Both stories are so interesting and what they have been involved with in entertainment. I really enjoy New England stories of sort of small town people. It's crazy how seemingly small the comedy circle seemed listening in to this podcast with their guests and such. 

8. Life is Short

Justin Long hosts this podcast and rambles on about personal life and just talks about projects coming up and talks to guests every episode. F is for Family is his show with Bill Burr and an animated show. I loved his start up with Judd Apatow shows when I was younger and seeing all the guests he knows it amazing how much he is involved with. Also New Girl! his costars from New Girl are interviewed as well. 

9. BFF's

This and those Instagram 'tea' pages are where I get my Tik Tok gossip and get my Tik Tok fix without actually downloading the app. I am incredibly interested in the different personalities on the app and what drama happens over time. Everyone is involved in drama and partying with each other and it's fascinating. Sometimes I forget they are all just barely 21 or not even, they are all real young but don't act it, it's confusing. Whatever makes that money I guess. I enjoy the gossip. Blending old media Barstool with new media Tik Tok are interesting outlooks. 

10. Conan O'brien Needs a Friend

It has really just come into the news that Conan O'brien is leaving his late night show and definitely is entertaining. Really wild how he is a Harvard grad and has worked on the Simpsons and knows a million people in show business. Has interesting guests from SNL, to other standup, and just other actors and actresses. I'm excited for what he's going to do after his latte night show. 

Comments

Popular Posts