I Think I'm done with the Bachelor

 

So I never really watched the reality shows for the romance of it all but it was always kind of cool how out of all these girls or guys, two people find their person on this television show and all that. So I guess I was wildly misinformed because I think out of all the season that I have watched I think only one couple is still lasting today and they're married...

Becca and Garrett, the bachelorette from two years ago just recently split, they weren't married or with kids, just engaged for two years. And honestly the only reason why they met was because her fiancé has previously split up from her, the season before for the runner up (who I may add, are still together, married and with a kid). 

And the producers know how to get an emotional reaction from their audiences because every season I get invested into these people who are on my Tv screen for 2 hours a week. I was all rah rah for Becca but then again, they did sign up with it all..

 I have no doubt there are certain pressures from the audiences and production to keep the illusion of a happily ever after, but what about pride and self respect? I think people underestimate their will to turn away from all of it, the petty cash and the free promotions that come from being on a reality show. I wouldn't say no. If I had the chance to be on a reality show, it honestly seems so simple, just take the emotion out of everything. Everyone always says they all are just shameless promoters and influencers, but hey, someone out there is buying there things, and they have the ability to make an insane amount of money off of it all. That's why everyone wants to be an influencer, like everyone shits all over the Tik Tok kids, and formerly, the youtubers...but they are literal kids who have an insane networth before they are in their 20's. People now a days, can choose how involved in social media they want to be and some can make a career out of it.

Imagine being paid hundreds of dollars to wear clothes companies send them for free, and different products that are never actually used. Honestly theres probably not a huge jump between a bachelor reject than a Kardashian, hell even they are seemingly needing a bigger audience and are attached at the hip with Addison Rae. It's all just random cycles. 

I am now not really attached to those who go on the bachelor because really now the girls are my age and I knowww they don't want to get married unless they are straight from the bible belt. Also the guys, it kind of shows why they are still single going on these shows. Lately, none of the couples last and they just stay together for social media and such. 

I think I am getting old though, because lately, that just seems like alot of work, Either that or I'm just insecure about an audience, a little of both. So Kudos to all those who go on reality shows and do their thing. 


Comments

Popular Posts