Content vs Creators

 

I used to watch youtube video constantly...like it had to be like my freshman year of high school and I couldn't stay at my neighbors Easter or Holiday party super long and just snook home and watched youtube videos starting out with like One Direction fan videos and found those british youtubers though the search main page and now I don't really watch as much...Like I created a youtube account because I was interested in doing those vlog things but didn't really know how to do it...Like with that I basically just used the account for videos to save to watch later or to subscribe to. Like I loved the shaytards with their family vlogs and like Philip Defranco with his stuff but now it's basically just barstool rundowns and their vlog, stool scenes oh also and I watch like music videos and stuff. Oh and random viral videos from like talk shows from like Conan, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel.

All the new youtube stuff thats out I barely know any of the popular creators anymore, like I don't even recognize half of their names. I remember watching those youtube end of the year videos and seeing all the familiar people but now like there are like beauty vloggers and TikTok people making videos and like more kid type videos I guess and weird people...

Right now like for comedy and entertainment stuff basically netflix is buying alot of random shows (maybe even too many mediocre shows).  Like even that, there are barely any shows that I was excited to watch...I used to watch Glee, now the whole show kinda creeps me out, then I watched Degrassi, then Netflix didn't have it anymore, then I watched Friends, but Netflix doesn't have it anymore, and now I watch comedy shows like John Mulaney, Sebastian Maniscalco, and I want to see if Bill burr has specials too. I like the Comedies in Cars show Jerry Seinfield did but who knows if that's still good. Like I don't know if I like the new movies out now, like now a of them are either geared toward kids or like crime type stuff which I don't watch...

People used to listen to the radio then the television became a huge thing, then the streaming services used to become a thing with Netflix and Hulu, then a bunch of other services were created...I'm wondering, are the streaming services just becoming the new cable television just a new portable version? And now with the podcast sort of boom, will everything eventually regress back to the radio? Entertainment is interesting. At least drive in movies are still a thing...I guess some comedy shows are doing a drive in style show during this whole quarantine thing is happening..

Comments

Popular Posts