Starbucks vs Dunkin’ Donuts


 To be honest, I don’t absolutely love both of these places but they are absolutely necessary if you want like an actual breakfast with options, and in New England, you don’t have to drive very far to find either of them. Like from me right now writing this, there’s a Starbucks 5 minutes away and a Dunkin’ 2 minutes further down the same road. And both of them are constantly busy. Both very popular, that’s if you don’t count our local bakery which has the best home made pastries that neither of the mentioned coffee spots count replicate. Family run/homemade just hits different. The rainbow sprinkled ones are the best.

So I feel like going to Dunkin’ and going to Starbucks are two different types of trips, like Dunkin’ is more of a breakfast kind of place for me, with their bacon egg and cheese on a bagel paired with an iced coffee no matter the temperature out. Except a good pumpkin spiced latte, and by good I mean subpar drink that’s made fast, as it should be, same with the breakfast sandwiches, nothing fancy but they hit the spot. Controversial but in the winter I don’t really enjoy their hot chocolate, that’s more of a Starbucks job for me.

So heading over to Starbucks is when I want a very specific kind of thing, from paninis to hot drinks and cold. Their turkey and pesto hot panini is a perfect almost grab and go food as well as the ham and Swiss, like if you forgot to bring lunch into work or like just need a mid day snack. 

For like drinks they have all the basic and the fancy drinks that are perfect for winter and summer, like the Frappuccino and the refreshers or just a basic hot chocolate or iced caramel macchiato. One day I’ll get those fancy drinks you see people posting on Tik Tok or whatever, I just don’t want to be one of those coffee snobs even slightly...

Anyways, so yeah, for the actual functioning adults either is good Dunkin’ or Starbucks if ya want to spend $10+ on a subpar meal. I probably should stop drinking coffee and stuff and I’ll save a lot of money. Maybe I’ll eat more cereal, or do a smoothie, or a yogurt parfait or be healthy. I really need to start working out more too. I miss like high school and stuff where they basically force you to work out 2+ hours a day. I used to be so fit.   

Comments

Popular Posts