I didn’t know how to dress myself

 I was ahead of the style trends (by like 6 years) for today’s fashion. First, it was athlesure with fabletics and lululemon then it was sweatsets with matching sweats shirts and pants and now it’s like bike shorts and or spandex with oversized shirts and sweatshirts or mismatched sweatpants. Now like I guess tiedye is a thing or something too.

Did your parents used to dress you growing up? Like so you would look good in pictures or visiting family or to wear even matching outfits out on vacation? Not my parents. They were either super cool and like super lax for letting me and my siblings dress ourselves lol. I remember as a kid wearing argyle socks and checkered knee lengthened shorts at one point. Not great! Anyways.


 Sports like soccer and basketball brought me to the athletic style stage with less style, basically I was just wearing my sports uniforms to school because my parents told me I could wear anything and I probably was either lazy or didn’t want to stand out or simply didn’t care what people though... paired with circle purple Harry Potter glasses and later braces and bangs... Later transformed to holister/Abercrombie and Fitch trend and sprinkling in Aeropostale with simply basic T-shirt’s with Jean shorts or jeans like every other middle schooler.

High school I wore I think sweatpants everywhere and sometimes leggings I believe. I got used to wearing sweats before and after games and just loves being cozy and casual. Then I got into this random phase of not wearing jeans at all but didn’t know how to style...my mom didn’t want me wearing jeans and stuff too church and I tried to see if I could do that at school too.

Same still still went into college as well and pretended I was still athletic and trying to dress a little better but didn’t really achieve it. Honestly who knows but I’ll look back at pictures to see what my style was in college.


Now it’s more of a beach vibe for summer and spring with light jeans and tank tops or dark jeans... not quite lily pulizer but more grays and tans. The salmon shorts  and that vibe I low key wish I could wear but it feels too stuffy and stiff. Ultimately I was to dress like I’m from nyc now cuz I feel like they have the coolest style...I’m just trying to dress like a functional adult without looking too young like I’m still in college not do I want to look like a shluppy boring working adult who wears boring work clothes and doesn’t know how to dress themselves when they aren’t at work. I’m still trying to figure it all out. 

Comments

Popular Posts