It's 1 am and I'm complaining about my lawn

Being up at 1:02am writing this is probably the dumbest thing I have ever done lately but I have a bone to pick with my neighbors...So it's not really my neighbors but my moms, they moved in I have to say maybe like a year and a have ago but they are putting our basically whole neighborhood to shame...

They have essentially 180'd their yard with gardening and yard work that everyone can't give up and certainly not mine. Right next door, we have a whole family who, in the short span of like maybe 4ish months, have cut down like 5+ large trees, cleared out the shrubbery in front of the water in the backyard and built a whole ass garden that is flourishing I may add...

So turning it back on my moms yard aka mine, we are less then perfect. I don't have a green thumb or any sorts of garden thumb besides barely taking care of succulents that are always on the verge of dying as well as my shamrock and my snake plant. I can deal with plants that can just hang on their own for a while until I remember to water them. My dad has given me three other plants too which miraculously are still alive: catnip, basil and this other thing I think may be like maybe a lavender or something? hey at least it isn't dead yet. Anyways back to me sucking at dealing with plants....So I can't deal with plants so right now I have just been using the shrub pruner sheer things so I can keep up with the neighbors on seeing the water..Too bad I don't know how to cut down full grown trees because I would cut down all of them just to compete. I'm actually very jealous of the neighbor's lawn. Also I lowkey think they cut down trees on my mom's property line side sooo literally I've been kind of low key investigating that. My neighbors must personally think I am a psychopath with me walking around my lawn cutting down shrubs and treelings so it looks like I care about my yard, when I really don't know what I'm doing (and it shows)....

So tomorrow either I will go back to my backyard and cut more weeds and stuff or I will just sit around and listen to podcasts or just go out and go shopping, but I think I missed the tax free week stuff....I honestly should not be spending my money at all knowing how little I have...I should probably go back and start apply to jobs right now. 


Comments

Popular Posts